Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The man in the middle

The other day, my son and I were driving together.

Or, I should say, he was driving, and I was in the passenger seat. Which is almost like driving, when you're the driver's parent and you have control issues. (There. I said it.)

As often happens when the two of us are in the car, we were discussing something he had been thinking about. These are always great times of conversation for us, and have been ever since he was two or three years old. (Back then, I was the one driving.)

And, as often happens when he's involved in a story, his focus was more on the story and less on his driving. As we motored through our subdivision, I noticed his choice of lanes was somewhat... approximate. So I interrupted him to pose a question:

"Matt, why are you in the middle?"

Without missing a beat, he replied:

"Well, there are issues on both sides that I sympathize with."

~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahaha.................... laughing out loud! That is so, so, so Matt, and so funny! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.