Monday, June 29, 2009

Worshipping an almost all-powerful God

I just discovered a great humor blog.

Now, I should warn you that although my taste in reading is pretty eclectic, my taste in humor tends to run toward the dry and ironic. (Yes, I admit, sometimes that can get out of hand. Since becoming a Christian, I've been called out for my sarcasm more than once. I do think there's an appropriate place for dry wit, and I'm still trying to figure out where to draw the line. But that's a post for another day.)

So with that caveat, I'd like to recommend Stuff Christians Like. It's written by a guy who grew up in the church, a pastor's kid, who combines wry observations with biblical truth. It's evident he really loves the Lord and loves the church. At the same time, he's willing to gently poke fun, using tongue-in-cheek humor to call attention to things that really need it.

And boy, did this post hit home for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I read the Mutton Hollow Chevy post and laughed... but did you read the comments? About 15 comments down you'll find this gem:

    "Ok, muttonhollowchevys.com comes up for renewal on Dec 21 of this year. I say you give them the old scroogie and swipe it from them. Then send them an e-mail that says "Merry Christmas you filthy animal." Then light your cigar, kiss your worship eagle bling, and roll around in your ben franks."

    I laughed out loud, by myself, in my room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read the comments... that one truly IS a gem!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.