Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green beer served here*

I'm not the least bit Irish that I know of.

I usually avoid wearing green on this day. (Long story.)

I think I've had green beer only once.

But isn't it cool how they dye the Chicago River green? Check out this stop-motion video of the process!

But really, St. Patrick's Day isn't about wearing green or parades or rivers or leprechauns or even green beer.

It's about a British teenager who was captured and sold into slavery in Ireland, and then... well, here's a rundown of the story from Relevant Magazine.

* And by "served," I mean if you bring the beer, I will drop some green food dye into it.

~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pam!! (P.S. I was at the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Chicago last year. That video totally captured the madness.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine!

    I saw part of a St. Patrick's Day parade in Boulder one year. (The year of the green beer.) And, well... noplace does crazy like Boulder.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.