Here's how the month went:
- I posted every day in November.
- At the beginning of the month, the Drafts view showed 48 posts in various stages of development.
- I finished several of those posts and published them.
- I also drafted a few new post ideas.
- Today, there are 45 posts in draft form.
- I made less progress than I hoped.
- Still, progress is progress, and worth celebrating! Mario cookies for everybody!
- On 11/8, November's pageviews surpassed August's.
- On 11/15, they surpassed September's.
- On 11/19, they surpassed October's.
- On 11/28, November's pageviews hit four digits... for the first time ever. Woohoo! Have another Mario cookie!
- I discovered there is a National Blog Writer's Month (October), or NaBloWriMo, and that knitters have National Knit a Sweater Month (November), or NaKniSweMo.
- I discovered I'm much more likely to take note of bloggable thoughts and goings-on and whatnot when I know I have a daily post to write.
- I discovered it's sometimes better to walk away and focus on something else than to try to force an idea.
- Contrary to my tendency, not every post needs to be edited to death before it goes live. (Ironic, no?)
- Some posts deserve the extra time, but some can be written quickly.
- I will probably need to continue to learn and re-learn that second lesson.
One friend asked if I'd continue the daily blogging after November is over. I had to answer honestly, with a solid "I'm not sure."
So what do you think?
What did you like this month? What would you like to see more of?
Whether you're a longtime reader or you're new to this blog, I'm interested in hearing from you. I've opened up the comments to anonymous contributors, but would appreciate a first name if you go that route.
Looking forward to your comments!