Friday, November 12, 2010

7 Quick Takes: Volume 18



The idea of 7 Quick Takes Friday comes from blogger Jennifer Fulwiler, who hosts it weekly at her site, Conversion Diary.

---1---

Last Sunday was the end of Daylight Saving Time.

And the grammarian in me would like to point out there is no "s" at the end of "Saving" in that phrase. You're welcome (pushing up imaginary glasses).

I admit, I'm baffled by the whole "spring forward, fall back" thing. I mean, I know how it works, and thanks to reading various articles on it, I sort of understand what it's supposed to accomplish.

But it will probably never really make sense to me, since I was born and raised in a state that doesn't observe DST.

Or possibly because I'm stubborn.

But I'm going with the first one.

---2---

I love keyboard shortcuts.

from LikeCool.com

---3---

Garrison Keillor of A Prairie Home Companion sings Unfriended. Fellow Facebookers will appreciate this.

---4---

Over at City Wife Country Life, the brilliant FCW (or Farmer's City Wife — I call her "FCW" because I don't know her first name but I feel like we're friends... is that weird?) writes some powerful prose about homemade chicken soup (vs. canned) to lead into a recipe for bagels. I've got to try this!

---5---

Stop-motion animation meets fiber arts creation in Dot. (Shot on a Nokia cell phone.)



---6---

I recently re-read an old post from last year and laughed all over again.

New readers, this is just one example of a conversation with my very quotable offspring. (Longtime readers, I hope it still brings a chuckle.)

---7---

Now this is my kind of flash mob:



Happy Friday, everyone!

~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. Funny funny Matt! And I LOVE Garrison Keillor's "Unfriended." I hope you don't mind, but I stole it to put in my ... Facebook status. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible compilation of random awesomeness!

    Hehehe, the keyboard shortcuts especially were pretty clever :).

    Thanks for #4! If we ever meet in person, I'll tell you my name ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, what an awesome idea that Macy's Hallelujah flash mob idea was! I just watched it, and it was so beautiful, it actually made me cry. "Random acts of culture," indeed!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.