Friday, March 18, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Volume 34



The idea of 7 Quick Takes Friday comes from blogger Jennifer Fulwiler, who hosts it weekly at her site, Conversion Diary.


---1---

My friend Dave responded to a bizarre challenge I issued to him on Facebook:

And here it is.

Dave responded so willingly and did the job so quickly, I sorta wish I'd challenged him to record his cat reading Flannery O'Connor. (Dave? Are you reading this?)

---2---

Early this week, I was out of town for a day-long interview for a graduate program I applied for. We didn't get agendas ahead of time, so I had no idea how they’d fill the entire day, but I was hoping it would include spa treatments… massages or pedicures or something… you know, sending a message about counselor self-care.

---3---

Speaking of self-care, I just read a great article on counselor wellness. Even if you're not a counselor, if you have a role that requires a lot of one-way giving (teacher, medical professional, parent...), there's great advice here for you.

---4---

So... in case you're curious about the result of the interview mentioned in take #2... the process went well (though, sadly, it didn't include a massage or a pedicure), and later in the week I received an invitation to join the program.

Looks like my next few years are... let's just say, booked.

---5---

Here's a graph with so many current applications:

A thought-provoking graph from Jessica Hagy of Indexed

---6---

It's not too late to offer your input on Say This, Not That! I've heard some great responses, and I'd love to hear from you!

---7---

I have a couple of posts in the works that have to do with women's health issues. (Not my own, mind you. There are some places this blog will not go, and that's one of them.)

I tell you that now so that you're prepared, in case you need to do this:



Happy Friday, friends!

~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.