Friday, April 01, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Volume 36



The idea of 7 Quick Takes Friday comes from blogger Jennifer Fulwiler, who hosts it weekly at her site, Conversion Diary.


I've been reading and processing some heavy stuff lately.

Now you know why I posted the funny-but-makes-a-point video on Wednesday — I really needed something to lighten the mood. (Evidently, so did a lot of other people — I think that post got more views in a day than anything else I've written... more, even, than the controversial posts.)

And now, it's April Fool's Day. Time for some silliness!


---1---

It's a little late in the season for this (even in my area!), but it's still great:

The Beard Beanie. HOT. Order yours here. (ht: Bryan Lopez)
 
---2---

Jon Acuff wrote a post about favorite apps. He started this way:

Last Saturday I tweeted this:

Just saw 1st blue bird of spring. Thought, “I bet I could slingshot that thing into a ton of pigs.” #toomuchangrybirds

---3---

Speaking of Angry Birds... here's a cakey homage to the über-popular app:

Angry Birds cake by Laura Finlay, featured on Cake Wrecks

---4---

Actually, the irritated avians seem to lend themselves to edible interpretations. Cute Food for Kids did a feature, leading off with this one made of a Babybel:

He looks cheesed off.
(And yet, delicious.)

---5---

Speaking of animals wreaking havoc... evidently the Bronx Zoo is missing an Egyptian cobra. (Yes, this is the same type of snake, according to legend, that was Cleopatra's chosen method for ending her life. The jokes are all over the place, but I won't be making them.)

And that's not the worst of it. The snake is on Twitter.

Update: the snake was found last night. I wonder... would the zookeeper allow an iPhone in the reptile house?

---6---

You know how you can ask Google anything (for example, "Where are my keys?"), but sometimes the results are less-than-stellar?

The name of this website reminds me of those questions, except it actually works:
doineedanumbrella.com
 
---7---

I think this video has gone viral. (It's had over 3 million views in less than 7 weeks on YouTube.)

But in case you missed it:




My friend Mike thinks the twins appear to be having "an intense, intelligent, yet friendly debate about the pros and cons of nuclear energy."

I'm pretty sure they're talking about socks.


Happy Friday, friends!

~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.