Friday, December 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Volume 54



The idea of 7 Quick Takes Friday comes from blogger Jennifer Fulwiler, who hosts it weekly at her site, Conversion Diary.



Hello, friends! The semester is done, family celebrations are complete, and I have a couple of weeks to breathe and think about what to write about in 2012. (That's as close as I get to the bloggy version of New Year's resolutions.)

And today, we have a new 7 Quick Takes. Enjoy!


---1---

This week, my cousin Brian posted this video:




---2---

When we were kids, Brian once brought over some Legos. I'd never seen anything like them. I loved them immediately and wished I had some of my own. I had dolls, a tea set, and lots of arts and crafts supplies, but I really liked building stuff. My Lincoln Logs were favorites. I wanted to be an architect.

Lego ad from 1981, found at Sociological Images

---3---

I still like Legos.

So I think this photo series on Bryan Lopez's site is really cool:

The Royal Wedding of Kate Middleton and Prince William
from 2011 Lego Year in Review

---4---

And speaking of Legos, my friend John made a time-lapse video of his assembly of the 3152-piece Star Wars "Executor" Lego set:


The "Executor" from Coastline Studios on Vimeo.

---5---

Have you been waiting for the annual List of Banished Words from Lake Superior State University? I know I have.

---6---

As always, Calvin College's January Series has an amazing lineup. I was pretty excited to learn the schedule includes Eric Metaxas, N.T. Wright, and several other great speakers.

---7---

So, Happy New Year, friends! Do you do anything special to mark the turning of the calendar? Resolutions, or a year-in-review, or something different?

Speak up in the comments!

~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated by the blog's author prior to publication.